Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics, a business unit of DowDupont Material Science, jointly with industry players has organized a 2-day Packaging Seminar for all players of the packaging value chain to be held on September 28-29 in Yakhonty hotel in Noginskiy park, Moscow region. The main focus of the seminar is to share knowledge, including a comprehensive overview on Dow’s recent innovations for food and industrial packaging to all players of the value chain including brand owners, to discuss main challenges within the Russian packaging industry and to establish a dialogue on how all value chain participants can collaborate together to enhance the Russian packaging industry.
“Dow has been a reliable supplier of innovative solutions to Russian packaging industry for more than 40 years and along this journey we managed to break some stereotypes toward plastics while fostering the industry development,” said Grant Fisher, commercial director Central and Eastern Europe at Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics. “Our joint seminar will contribute to set the tone for further intense collaboration with customers and value chain partners in order to create better packaging solutions for the region. I truly benefit that all players of the packaging value chain will extract enormous value from this unique event and will get a better understanding where Dow can help with its innovation, expertise and collaboration approach.”
Designed to Stimulate Discussion on Packaging Design and Production
Within the agenda of the seminar, the more than 150 expected participants will deep dive into various topics such as packaging market trends presented by Alexander Boiko, head of the Russian National Packaging Confederation. Insights will be shared on Dow’s sustainable solutions for food packaging and transportation, lamination adhesives and the unique collaboration approach through Dow Pack Studios. Presentations on Windmoeller & Hoelscher’s, Resinex’ and Ampacet’s portfolios will round up the knowledge-sharing part of the program.
As a key program point, Windmoeller & Hoelscher, a supplier of machinery and systems for the manufacturing and converting of flexible packaging, has arranged a plant tour to one of its customer’s Mosoblpolimer manufacturing site located in Noginskiy district, Moscow region. At the plant, Windmoeller & Hoelscher will present the production process of three layer blown packaging films to be used in stretch hood applications. The recipe will include Dow solutions and Ampacet additives as presented by Resinex, Dow’s distributor. During the tour, Dow, Ampacet and Windmoeller & Hoelscher will elaborate on raw materials use, polymer additives, as well as the extrusion line used for producing stretch hood packaging films.
Fresh to Table: Packaging Innovation for Improved Food Preservation
With approx. one billion more mouths to feed by 2030, food is a critical resource and food preservation is key, driving the need for more responsible and convenient packaging to help ensure food is kept fresh to our tables. Dow works alongside machine manufacturers and converters to package food safer, smarter and more resource efficient than in the past.
Move it Safely: Packaging Solutions for Improved Load Stability
As societies evolve and population grows, so does the transportation of goods. Goods that need to travel longer distances with increased requirements for safer, cheaper and more sustainable transport solutions. No doubt, load stability has become a global challenge. Dow’s goal is to help ensure through high-performance packaging solutions that goods are safely transported along the supply chain to the end consumer by improving pallet load stability. Whatever the requirements, Dow’s portfolio of packaging resins and adhesives can be tailored to customer’s needs.
Delivering Ground-Breaking Innovation for Packaging
At the seminar, Dow will feature its latest technologies to advance packaging worldwide. Among the solutions available customers will learn more about:
• PACXPERT™ Packaging Technology, an innovative technology that enables the transition from larger traditional rigid containers to flexible packaging.
• POUCHUG™- Dow’s novel sensory packaging technology, an innovative solution that offers on-the-shelf differentiation opportunities and an enhanced consumer experience by elevating packaging to new levels with a unique soft, natural look and feel.
• INNATE™ Precision Packaging Resins, a family of resins that address some of today’s more challenging packaging performance gaps with an unprecedented balance of toughness and stiffness in combination with excellent tear and puncture resistance.
• RETAIN™ Polymer Modifiers, a portfolio of compatibilizers that make it easier to recycle post-industrial barrier films without compromising performance or aesthetics.
• ADCOTETM L86-500 Barrier Adhesive that enables the replacement of PET, metallized and aluminium-based packaging structures with an all-polyolefin solution which is easily recyclable in existing processes – just recently launched at Interpack 2017 beginning of May.