Arnitel® TPE-E is a family of thermoplastic copolyester based elastomers (TPE-E’s or COPE).
These copolyesters combine the strength and processing characteristics of engineering plastics with the performance of thermoset elastomers providing beneﬁts in processing and productivity.
Arnitel® resins, as thermoplastics, they do not require vulcanisation to obtain their optimal properties, which often leads to substantial reductions in part cost.
Arnitel® TPE-E properties
Relative to other elastomers, polyester-based materials offer the most consistent performance over their entire operating temperature range since their properties vary little from low to high temperature extremes.
The primary properties are:
- Excellent flexural fatigue endurance
- High peak temperature resistance
- High impact strength
- High tear and abrasion resistance
- Good resistance to chemicals and weathering
- High load bearing capacity
- Excellent over-moulding adhesion (ABS/PBT/PC/metals)
- Excellent strength over a wide range of temperatures
- Excellent dynamic properties e.g. creep and fatigue
- Exceptional resistance to chemicals and oils and greases
- High degree of versatility in processing with easy colourability
- Good electrical insulation properties
- Low moisture absorption, excellent dimensional stability
Typical Arnitel® applications:
- Automotive: Air ducts, boots for constant velocity joints (CVJ), airbag covers, body plugs
- General industries: conveyor belts, sport shoes, 2K Moulding, seals, bed springs, wine taps, suspended seating, railway pads and buffers
- Extrusion Applications: Cable and wiring, tubes and hoses, roofing membranes, breathable membranes
Arnitel® TPE-E is offered in a range of hardnesses, based on three different soft segment types:
- Arnitel® E = General purpose polyether soft block
- Arnitel® P = Specialties polyether soft block
- Arnitel® U = Specialties polyester soft block
Moreover different application dedicated ranges have also been developed:
- Arnitel® XG: The halogen free solution for wire and cable
- Arnitel® C: Meets the all requirements for Class D cables
- Arnitel® VT: Breathable roofing film
Loading, please wait